Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's nearly 2 a.m. here and...

I'm bored, I feel like writing some campaign stuff before sleep, but I'm not sure of what. I think I'll just start listing some ideas I have for coming up adventures

  • Extreme Demolition Derby- I'm thinking this will be in Texas, I'm not sure why it just seems like a good place. The players want weapon upgrades for their van and this seems like a good chance for them to earn them and test them out. The other competitors will have super-powered vehicles and bigger-than-life names.
  • Blood bank is robbed- obviously by vampires but it won't be vampires. I'm thinking Blood Demon (I might write about him later) There will be a coven of vampires in the same town but they won't be involved in anyway. I hope they players feel tricked.
  • Insane asylum- maybe abandoned, this is scary anyway. I'm not sure what will be here, but I like how dead island has guys in straight jackets that can level you. They don't have access to their arms but they just repeatedly headbutt you and tackle you to death.
  • Something to do with diners- I don't know why, but diners seem awesome to me. Like pit stops in adventure, but they still seem like a place where adventure can happen. I should have a campaign that's starts at a diner. I once tried to start a campaign that revolved around one diner, it never took off. I obviously use them a lot here.
  • I've been posting links a lot, is that annoying? Let me know, anyway...
  • I've been thinking about villains. Overarching villains can be fun, but you have to be careful. I've tried to force long-lasting villains on players and they don't seem to take well. The best ones I've used seem to develop naturally, like a minor villain that disturbs the players just so and manages to get away, perhaps multiple times.
  • There should be a group of politicians in D.C. who are all warlocks. Some dabble in dark magic and get possessed so now there are demons controlling Washington. Now this seems like a good place for a villain, perhaps I'll put the bait out there and see if my players bite.
  • The voodoo priestess from the last game got away, along with her pet alligators. She totally freaked out the player's. They totally thought they killed her, but her whole origin is that she died and came back so it's not that much of a stretch to have her reappear. But to what end? revenge? maybe...
  • So I guess there are two options for some bigger, boss villain types I'm so fond of. I don't have much of an overarching story for this modern America + the supernatural game I've started. Right now I'm more interested in player choice, which I guess is important but direction ain't bad either, still I don't want them to feel forced into something, hmm. Maybe I'll just hint at some stuff, whatever it may be, hell if I know for right now but If i figure it out I'll let you know.
  • So far, I've been a big fan of the modern fantasy setting and making a game for it has been easier than any other game I've worked on. I have some ideas why, but maybe I'll write about it later.
Well that was a rant, and it feels good to put some of that stuff out there. If you have any thoughts/suggestions I'd love to hear them. Anyway, maybe it's time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment