Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rosie the Riveter punched out a mob boss

I'm incredibly excited about the latest warrior to join my cast of heroes.

The player has never done anything like roleplaying games before but she's friends with everyone in the group and wanted to see what all the commotion was about.

We play villains and vigilantes with a mix of power selection and random rolling. I'm more interested in the players developing a central concept they're comfortable and excited with. So when I asked the newbie what she wanted to play I was thrilled to here Rosie the Riveter.

The idea is just too cool to me. We decided that she isn't just a vigilante using the symbol of Rosie, but instead is the physical embodiment of people's belief in that symbol. I've said before that my game is much more magic based, so I'm cool with it.

Rosie is incredibly skilled with mechanics and helped a star ship for the groups use. She also possesses super strength, heightened endurance, lightning powers, emotion control: motivation, and devitalization ray (we've flavored this as her removing motivation from her enemies). In her last mission she also obtained a hammer from the goddess Shiva that can remove obstacles (disintegration).

RPGs kick ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment