Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What you might call Freshman Orientation

Welcome everyone to the first post of RPG University!

This is something I've been meaning to get to for a while, but I'm afraid between my job and school I don't get a lot of free time anymore.

Sadly, this of course means I don't get to game nearly as often as I would like to. Not only because I am busy, but because my old gaming group from high school has split up since almost all of us live in new towns going to different universities of our own.

I started college a few months ago and I've tried to find a new group here, but for me it has always been more about who I am playing with rather than what I'm playing so no dice (hey, look at that pun). The groups I've found here just have not really been a good fit for me. When I'm more interested in doing homework than playing our fantasy game there has got to be a problem.

My old group does occasionally play over skype, but that's a whole issue by itself.

Anyway, a little bit about our group, since I know many of you might eventually ask, we mostly play 4.0 D&D but also play Villains and Vigilantes, Call of Cthulu, and GURPS. I know the 4.0 thing is sort of a 'problem' for many folks in the OSR but we are far from old school and for a lot of us that is where we got our start.

Despite it's apparent flaws, we still have a good time and get to enjoy our imaginary worlds and characters, and that's why we all do this thing right?

I think that's enough talking about me and my friends for now. If you don't mind I would like to get straight to some gaming content to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment